J. Randolph Turpin, Jr. and family
Nothing but a vanity page in which the author and the subject are one and the same. Indrian 20:05, Oct 25, 2004 (UTC)
- And he's adding mini-biographies of his entire family. Oh joy. Delete all: Wikipedia is neither a biographical dictionary nor a vehicle for self-promotion. —No-One Jones (m) 21:07, 25 Oct 2004 (UTC)
- Sheer Turpitude. Exturpate. — Bill 21:09, 25 Oct 2004 (UTC)
- Please delete all of my entries. I am the orginal author of these entries, and I sincerely apologize. I am new to Wikipedia, and in no way do I want to abuse its intended purpose. The purpose for my personal bio was simply that when I clicked the signature icon, it created a hyperlink that led to nothing. Hmmm. It appeared as though it was expected that I enter something there explaining who the author might be. "Vanity" has nothing to do with the entry; I was simply provided some documentation on the source. Whenever I do research, I want to know something about the author of the information, and I thought that others would desire the same. As far as the other Turpin entries are concerned, I understand your rationale for deletion... and now that I understand it, I agree with it. It all needs to go. However, do understand that my entries were intended to be a beginning framework upon which further historical work would have been based. It is unfortunate that my motives have been misunderstood. This project has the appearance of being a very helpful resource, and I truly wish that I could have continued to be a part of this community. However, I will voluntarily remove myself. I wish all of you the best; you're doing a great job here.
- comment: Please don't take this deletion as an insult or a sign that you're not wanted. Newbie mistakes are certainly forgivable. The signature feature should link to your user page if you're logged in, otherwise it'll link to your IP address' contributions list—register for an account and you get a user page you can use for a personal bio. You don't need to (and shouldn't) sign contributions in the main article space, as the "Page history" feature keeps track of who changed what. Please stick around, read through the tutorial and some of the help pages, and continue to contribute on topics you're familiar with; you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly. — Gwalla | Talk 00:23, 26 Oct 2004 (UTC)
- Delete. But if the user registers, move his bio to his user page and just delete the rest. — Gwalla | Talk 00:23, 26 Oct 2004 (UTC)
- Delete or dump into the user namespace, at the least. Kiand 00:44, 28 Oct 2004 (UTC)